Promotional Tales from the Team – SCA Spotlight, Volume II – March/April 2019
Your Security is Our Priority
An open letter from Bob Hamman, Founder and CEO
Recent attention on security breaches in the Gaming industry and new coverage of infamous instances of tampering in the Lottery industry have your executive, IT, and security teams on high alert. We have learned in our 32 years in business that mega-prizes are at the pinnacle of consumer engagement. Mega-prizes also require tight security protocols. We want to thank our customers for their commitment to security. Where large sums of money are involved, mishaps can have disproportionate negative consequences including financial losses and devastating loss of consumer trust.
At SCA, we continue to invest in and develop patented technology and follow security protocols and procedures particularly important for Internet based games. Some of these include:
- Deny external Internet access to kiosk games
- Control code development and do not utilized offshore code
- Utilize a GLI-certified hardware random number generator for promotions and drawings that has tamper-evident logging
- Utilize Tamperguard winner selection patented protocols to incorporate cryptographically secure encryption and defeat inside tampering
- Comply with customers’ security procedures
Both SCA and our customers sit at the intersection of consumer engagement and risk management. We appreciate your collaborative approach and encourage you to prioritize security in your operational and marketing initiatives.
Very truly yours,